Monday, June 19, 2006

Hong Kong


Each year I have the opportunity to teach Masters students at Hong Kong Polytechnic University. I love the city and wish I coud spend a bit more time looking around with a good guide. This trip was busier than normal with five teaching days and only a four nights stay. I stayed in the Regal Kowloon which is well located to HKPU and also shopping areas around Nathan Road. It is also right near the water where the nightime view across Victoria Harbour to Hong Kong Island is fantastic


The Cross Harbour Tunnel area by HKPU is hot and smelly due to all the traffic but did afford an opportunity to have a go at nighttime motion photography. I also tried to capture that "Blade Runner" feel at Cameron Road.

Coming back from the University on my last evening I walked into a restaurant blessing which was an amazing sight.



Of course you cannot travel to Hong Kong without crossing Victoria Harbour on the Star Ferry. The cheapest and one of the best boat trips in in world has become modern. You can now pay for your trip with your Octopus card.
I usually get to visit Stanley Market and/or The Peak. This time I didn't get to either - The Peak would've been fruitless anyway as there was so much cloud cover throughout my visit. Although I enjoyed this trip I have been travelling too much of late and I'm grateful this trip was my last for a considerable time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home