Monday, June 05, 2006

Japan visit - Day 1 - Tokyo


My first time to Japan. Every year the Air Transport Research Society conference moves to a new location. I was fed up to miss out on Rio last year so I made sure I could get to the conference this year.
Arriving at 7.00am after travelling for 18 hours (Air France is not por moi) we dropped our bags at the hotel and not being able to check in until the afternoon, Peter and I went to the Imperial Palace (not much to see) and then walked through the downtown area past a water park where lots of kindgergarten children were taking their lunch.




What amazed me was that kids with so much fun and life and enjoyment could grow into the salarymen we saw on the metro and Shinkansen (bullet train) who never smile, exclusively wear dark suits and are almost grey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home