Monday, February 25, 2008

New Life




I haven't updated Spherity since Halloween. Christmas was a wash out with no fun whatsoever and by the end of January it was clear that something was wrong. Then Meris told me that she wanted out of our 14 year marriage. So I have moved out of the family home and been house sitting a friend who has been on holiday in India. I get to see the kids every other weekend and usually at least one night during the week. I have agreed to rent a place ten minutes from the family home but it won't be ready for a couple of months so I'm not too sure where I'll be staying till then. Having a new life to arrange is scary, hard work, confusing, unsettling but also provides opportunities to change the things I didn't enjoy or like about my old life. In the short term I have arranged to go to Cornwall for a few days holiday in March. I have also got a trip to Newcastle to see a band - Marah - in April. I will also be able to meet up with the Toontown chapter of the TheFenderForum. In May I will be go to see Springsteen twice in Dublin with my mate Dayo and it looks like the summer will see work trips to Athens, and Copehagen. So all in all lots of opportunities to take photos and see friends. My biggest concern about this separation is my kids. I love them dearly and want to spend time with them and it seems so unfair that I can't on a daily basis. I miss them terribly when I'm not with them. I hope that they will not be too unsettled by the change brought about in their lives. Last weekend we went to the cinema to see National Treasure 3. Hokum but fun and we all enjoyed it.



Kirsten becomes a teenager and Adam turn's eight.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home