Thursday, January 19, 2006

Delft





Yup a picture of a bicycle - we must be in The Netherlands. I came for one night to do some teaching on a course at Technical Universitat Delft. The flight from EasyJet was on time, and as I did not check any luggage, I was straight on an intercity train to Delft (via Den Haag), getting to Delft about an hour after touchdown (and for just €8!). A short walk to my hotel situated on a canal by the Leeuwenbroog or Lion Bridge (below).

The hotel recommended an excellent restuarant called Vlaanderen in the Beestmarkt (sp?). The recommendation was well justified.
One wall of the resturant had a mural of strange faces (below). The walk back to the hotel benefitted from Christmas style lights over the canals.In the morning I walked around the main square but my shots of the churches and the square were poor and made worse by poor light and drab clouds.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home